St Joseph’s Visions and Principles for Science
Our vision for Science at St Joseph’s is for all children to become inquisitive, knowledgeable and enthusiastic scientists who will enquire and discover the world around them with confidence through child-led investigations.
All children will leave St. Joseph’s with an enthusiasm, passion and curiosity for Science that leaves them wanting to explore more about this awe and wonder that surrounds us every day.
We believe that good Science is:
- encouraging and providing opportunities to investigate questions to prove or disprove their own theories by thinking deeper through hands on practical science
- promoting enthusiasm and curiosity at every opportunity
- Fun, exciting and engaging for all children
- promotes that Science is around us and continues beyond the classroom
- Science should take place inside and outside and should use real equipment
- Relate to real life and explore the world around us
- Engage with experts inside and outside the classroom
- Children becoming independent learners
- Challenged to develop our scientific skills